Health Office Information:
Nurse - Trish Miller, RN
HOURS - 8:30--3:15 M-F
Health Office Direct Line - 630-530-8944
HEALTH FORM INFORMATION
Immaculate Conception Grade School Health Office provides a range of services as an adjunct to care provided for students by parents and health professionals.
These services include:
- Monitoring and assisting students with everyday health issues
- Emergency care of illnesses and injuries
- Communicates with parents regarding their children health concerns.
- Administering medications
- Maintaining and monitoring student immunization and health records in accordance with State of Illinois law.
- Issues a comprehensive health concerns list to staff
- Works with all staff for comprehensive care
- Promoting awareness of health concerns to students and staff
- Maintaining and monitoring physicians orders
- Coordinate with Department of Health, Vision and Hearing screening for mandated grades.
- Monitors any infectious diseases in the school and reports to DuPage County Health Department.
- Refers students to agencies that can help with specific needs.
MEDICATION AT SCHOOL
Medications should be limited to those required during school hours which are necessary to maintain the student in school and those needed in the event of an emergency. In accordance with State and Federal laws, children are NOT allowed to bring medication of any kind without written consent from the doctor AND the parent. If a child needs medication during the course of the school day, either prescription or over the counted (this includes all cough drops), the medication authorization form needs to be filled out by the doctor and parent. The completed form along with the medication (in its original container and the child's name clearly marked) should be returned to the Health Office, where it will be kept during the day.
Parents are able to bring medication to school and administer it to their child, without any forms, if needed.
If a student is to be absent from school, please contact the school office by 8:30AM. When leaving a voicemail, please include the following:
2. Student Name (SPELL LAST NAME)
3. Grade and Room Number
4. Reason for absence. Please be descriptive and include if the child is experiencing a cough, sore throat, and if a fever is 100o or above.
PLEASE KEEP STUDENT AT HOME IN THE FOLLOWING SITUATIONS
- A fever that causes chills, sweating or muscle aches, or a temperature of 100o of above. A student must be fever free for 24 hours without any use of fever reducing products (Tylenol, Motrin, etc.) before returning to school.
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- Head lice or nits
- Red or pink eyes, or drainage from eye (a note from the physician will be necessary for a student to return unless condition is resolved)
- A rash or skin condition not diagnosed by physician
- Strep infection ( students must receive 24 hours of antibiotic therapy and have no fever for the preceding 24 hours before returning to school)
- Chicken pox (students must remain home until all pox are scabbed over)
- A cough and or/sore throat accompanied by a fever of 100o or above.