Thank you for your interest in Immaculate Conception Grade School (ICGS). Listed here are the most common and frequently asked questions of our prospective families:
How do I enroll my child?
ICGS has an admissions policy which states the priorities of the application process:
- 1) current enrolled families
- 2) grade school alum that are registered parishioners
- 3) active registered parishioners greater than 6 months and newly registered parishioners less than 6 months with a letter of introduction
- 4) Catholic non-parishioners without a parish school
- 5) newly registered parishioners less than 6 months with no introduction letter
- 6) families with children registered at ICCP
- 7) out of parish – Catholics and non-Catholics that are not IC parishioners
We appreciate your interest in Immaculate Conception Grade School for your child's (children's) elementary school education. If you have any further questions, please call me at 630-530-3490.
- Notification will be made by mail by March 1 for any families that fall into categories 1-4 as stated above. If for some reason you are on a waiting list, you will be notified as soon as an opening occurs.
- Notification will be made by mail by June 1 for any families that fall into categories 5-7 as stated above. If for some reason you are on a waiting list, you will be notified as soon as an opening occurs
- Tuition and fees for the upcoming year are decided by the ICGS Board and will available in June. In parish tuition will be charged for categories 1, 2, 3, and 5 above.
- Out of parish tuition will be charged for categories 4, 6, and 7 above.
- 4) Catholic non-parishioners without a parish school will be charged out of parish tuition and asked to request their parish to pay the difference between in parish and out of parish tuition.
- 6) Families with siblings at ICCP will be charged the amount it costs to educate.
- 7) Out of parish – Families that do not fall into any other category will pay out of parish tuitio
Mrs. Cathy Linley, Principal
- When is registration?
- Registration is held on Sunday of Catholic Schools Week, usually the last Sunday in January for Pre-K and Kindergarten. General registration is ongoing.
- When is tuition determined?
- Tuition for the coming school year is determined in June. We will advise you of the current year tuition at any time.
- How does ICGS compare to other schools in the area?
- In the Joliet Diocese, we feel each Catholic School is unique in the the setting and programs it is able to offer to students. We feel that you are best served by visiting the school and speaking directly with a school representative.
- How is ICGS identifiably Catholic?
- At ICGS, we prioritize making our school setting a Catholic environment for all students. Everything that takes place at ICGS is designed with faith values woven into the framework of the plan. Students take part in the following throughout the entire school year:
- Morning Prayer Reflections
- Weekly Mass
- Prayer Services
- Service Projects
- Special events honoring those in need
- Catholic Schools Week Celebration